In 1874, Baron Ferdinand de Rothschild bought a large estate in the Waddesdon area and built the mansion of Waddesdon Manor on a hill-top above the village. He transformed Waddesdon into an estate village, with new houses for employees and tenants, a school, a public house, a cricket pavilion and of course, Waddesdon Village Hall.
In 1968, Waddesdon Hall was transferred to a charitable trust with a management committee compiled of local people in the village with the aim of developing and managing a community venue that would become: The heart of the village of Waddesdon.
Registered Charity no. 300343